Tuesday 14 November 2017

It's all about the eggs.......

The Guinea fowl lay eggs in odd spots but this one I found in the dirt in the back yard...... Tucked under a grass butt.....lol
By accident I mean by scaring the guninea fowl out of the garden and the Guinea fowl in turn scaring the life of of me I found a new nest........tucked in the centre of some agapanthus......they love the Aggie's......makes great nest spots.......
Let's see if they nest there......
Finally the new arucana started laying her blue eggs except she missed the memo about finding a nest to lay in and started laying them on the ground.........clearly I go in there with my eyes closed as she had laid 12 eggs already and I had not noticed then scattered in the corner of the chook house on the ground......... So I had gone in there already 10 days (I miss an odd day) and not seen them on the ground........
 
Life is out off control.......
Oh I took some eggs to give a friend when I visited and scrabbled a few in the car.... Omg lucky it was not to bad a mess to clean up......But I will be packing then heaps better next time....... 
Catch later......
Chookyblue......

15 comments:

Denice Barker said...

Watch your step! The blue eggs are PH's favorites when we get "real" eggs (read: not bought in a grocery store.)

Wendy Caton Reed said...

Hens are funny aren't they? I love those blue eggs, just beautiful!

gracie said...

Nice fresh eggs.

Jeanette said...

Nothing like fresh eggs. Yumm. I'm hoping to get an Aracuna to add to my little flock. Hugs,xx

jude's page said...

Had to google arucana, as had not heard of them before. Pretty eggs, and great post.

Sandi said...

Lol too funny - love it...

Fiona said...

lots of lovely eggs.... are some for breeding?
Hugz

Susie said...

Hope the smell wasn't too bad in the car!

Michelle Ridgway said...

Love those pretty eggs x

Ondrea said...

Nothing better than an egg hunt and discovering so many. Had to laugh about the egg incident in the car.

kiwikid said...

Your chooks/birds need the memo again, in large print I think! The blue eggs are different, hope the car recovered.

Lin said...

Thanks for putting a smile on my face! xx

Joy from Days Filled With Joy said...

I used to love finding chooks hiding eggs all over the place... one was particularly clever.. we didn't find her until the eggs were almost hatched! Lovely that you are getting so many eggs at the moment... xx

Wendy said...

I guess they just lay wherever they feel it is safe? I know absolutely nothing about birds and their laying skills.

Jenny said...

i hope they all hatch