Wednesday 29 July 2015

unplanned Brissy trip.............

*******  Kris WARNING..........get a cuppa tea this could take awhile  ******

it was a trip I was dreaming of but it wasn't going to happen......to meet Holly from Canada while she was out in Australia.......UNTIL..........Mr Chooky had to go do a job at a mates place 1/2 way there............so I said would these dates work........yes these dates worked with the mate...........seriously the plan was only coming together early in the week as a more definite plan....Susan kept emailing/texting (are you coming?)........and the morning we were going to leave our mate called to say they had rain and that meant the job was off...........then I thought it was all over.........but I think Mr Chooky had got used to the idea of Brissy so off we went anyway with the plan to go via the mates house and do the job on the way home...........
now Brisbane isn't just around the corner...........it's about a 9 hour drive from my neck of the woods so a bloody long way..........and of course then it meant what way are we going...........
we were on the road when I emailed Fiona "I'm going to be in Toowoomba tonight"
her reply "any chance of a quick catch up"
me "dinner?"
a few emails back and forwards and I was staying with Fiona and we were meeting Kris and Geek Boy for dinner................
Kris @ Tag Along Teddies, me and Fiona @ Bubz Rugz
OMG we got roped into trivia.......ended up splitting boys into girls as we were the only ones.............so funny...........of course the girls won..........
Now Kris and Fiona HAVE to go out AGAIN to lunch as we girls won a meal voucher..........
the boys a 6 pack of fancy beers........

Friday morning we were up bright and early.............sewing machine service..........
I must say it was so good to take a machine to the shop and actually speak to the person who was doing the service............I have to travel hours regardless to get a machine serviced and the last fews times it been dump your machine here and it gets taken to a random location with a random person for a service..............next time I head to Brissy I am going to organise more machine services............
Image result for sewing machine service
I can highly recommend John Watts Quilting.............its at Booval so we hung around the area hoping all would be well and it would be finished not needing anything ordered.............
So we did the tourist thing....... The Workshops Railway Museum was nearby so we checked it out...........enjoyed a brunch sitting on a river bank.........checked out a few quilt shops and the machine was done.........

the old workshops intrigue me..........

This old train was being polished up for a special trip out of the workshop.........

roof patterns.............
Friday night was with a old girlfriend..........great to catch up........next time I go see her she may have a brand new house so it was the last visit to the old one..........
Sat morning I drove in the city (not my favourite thing to do) to Susans and off we went for the big day..................
Inca, Jeanette @ Nettes Quilting Nook, Susan @ Susans Sewing Place and Maureen
I keep forgetting the name of this shop but there was stuff everywhere.....OMG.........
but we all found something to take home.........
Alison, Inca, Maureen, Jeanette, Susan, Lesley @ Faeries in My Garden, Me
Next stop Faeries in my Garden..........such a pretty shop...........
&&&&
then lunch..........
I missed a few people in this post..........but I think there about 19 of us.............
so much fun............I got to catch up with lots I had met previously..........
I got to meet Michelle, Debbie, Noela, Jeanette, Holly, Noreen and Inca
Susan and Lynda @ Heavens to Bettsy
A mini swap they missed swapping the previous weekend..........little beach houses on the other side..........
Michelle had her new book with her and some of the main projects..........all gorgeous...............

had to get a book for myself...........
Holly @Nimble Thimble Stitchery-Do and Me
Finally Holly and I got to meet.......the whole reason for the trip...........we have been online friends for years............she has been in numerous Stitch-a-long's on the group blog and she had a special trip to Australia........we have been talking about this for 6mths or more............
We even phoned Lori back in Canada - think she was in bed but anyway it was very exciting.......
Holly's Natures Journey centre is looking great...........and Holly was just lovely.......wished we had more time..........thanks for being the driver Megan and goodluck with all the crazy ideas we put in your head.......just let me know when we can come to check it all out..............

Jeanettes Natures Journey centre...........

Cheryl @ Bliss in the Burbs, Megan, Susan, Holly
When I read Lynettes post she sounded so sad cancelling her overseas trip...........so I said "I know something you can do on Sat if you need cheering up...........I know you will get a LOL..........are the free? "
Well free she was so she joined us for our very long lunch...........thanks to her taxi service (hubby)

We so nice to catch up again............thanks for our treats........
Lynette brought us all a charm pack of her new range Needles and Pins............oh I love this range......trying to think what I will make with it..........
I also missed seeing Mrs Hen Needlecase pattern at GDITC so I emailed Lynette and asked if she could bring one with her........
big hugs with Teresa @ All things Vintage too............

Lynette, Lynda and Debbie @ Sweet Little Cottage

Teresa, Sandi @ Forevermoore and Inca.........

Jeanette, Maureen and Alison...........

Noreen, Helen @ Helbels World of Craft and Michelle 

Of course I was with Teresa so I HAD to have desert.......
Jeanette and I had this desert and it was delicious...........

Holly and Susan............
De missed you hope the camping was good...............
Wow what a day...........constant chatter and a very long lunch............
sadly we all had to head home...........thanks so much Susan for organising the lunch for Holly..........
lucky it wasn't quite over as I was staying with Susan for the night...........
We worked on planning my Natures Journey centre...........
Sunday night saw me hanging out in the bird nest with Jenny @ Bird on the Border........
breaking the trip up on the way home.........
slowly coming down from my blogging high...........
I have met so many wonderful people through creating this blog.......
It just amazes me.......
Catch you later.......
Chookyblue.......
PS still got to do the job for the mate...........lol

37 comments:

Jindi's Cottage said...

Great trip...how fun to meet up with all those Queensland bloggy friends and to meet Holly! Glad Mr Chooky didn't bail when his mate changed the plans...

Maria said...

WOW ! How wonderful, what a shame I wasn't there yet but I do hope to meet lots of the blogging ladies too....
Oh a nine hour only drive, wish I was only that far away...

Susan said...

What a huge few days, but so worth the effort. Looks like you had a fantastic time.

KERYN B said...

Looks like a whole lot of happy people.

Flickenstichlerin said...

Dear Chooky,
haven't seen so many smiling faces in a long time, that says it all. What a great trip.
Greetings,
Sylvia

Googy Girl said...

Looks like you had an amazing time, so lovely to catch up with everyone

Susan said...

Make it Hobby at Boondall

You know I enjoyed it as much as you did - come back anytime!

Jo said...

Sounds like a great trip. Lots of smiles and fun friends. Good on you

Anonymous said...

Wow Chooky what a wonderful happy fun filled post,I could feel all the excitement,I am so glad that it all worked out for you,Thankyou for sharing xx

gracie said...

Had a great time visiting with you and the gals today!

sunny said...

What a fantastic outing!!!! Thanks for sharing all the pictures.

Nemo said...

Looks like you had an amazing trip! Kinda funny, you drove 9 hours to another city - well, this summer we travelled across Sweden (twice!) driving 5 hours and 47 minutes one way (effective driving, stops not included). I keep forgetting that Australia is a country of a quite different size than the countries here in Europe.

How's the overflow of vitamin-q coming along?

Carole said...

OMG! What a fabulous trip! So envious! So wonderful of Lynette to join you! What a grand time! Thanks for sharing!

Jenny said...

It still amazes me how many friendly, talented and kind people hang out in our blog world. You have done an amazing job keeping everyone together Donna. Glad you enjoyed your trip we loved having you here...

Christine M said...

Sounds like you all had a fantastic time, Chooky.

Jeanette said...

Fabulous day out Saturday Chooky. Next time you are in my neck of the woods let me know. Yes John Watts machine shop is good. I see Susan told you the name of the shop. I keep forgetting too. :) Hugs,xx

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

Oh Donna what a fabulous post...just love this and what a great time you all must've had!

Fiona said...

unplanned visits are often so much fun... you packed a lot in. great to have met so many other bloggers...
Hugz

Susie said...

Fabulous post Chooky. Loved how you crammed so much in in such a short time. Great photos and obviously loads of fun! Glad you all seemed to be having a blast.

Clare said...

What a wonderful trip and so many there. So glad you enjoyed yourselves. Happy STITCHING.

Show and Tell said...

It's a shame the real world is not like the Perfect Blog World we are all blessed to be a part of.....Lots of happy smiling faces there, so glad you had a lovely trip away catching up with everyone....you deserve it xx

jfoster8 said...

wow you packed so much into your trip.....loved reading about it all

Sandi said...

It was such a great day, and having you there made it extra special...love all your photos...I don't feel so bad that I have not posted myself after reading yours...lol xxx

Michelle Ridgway said...

I just loved finally getting to meet you. Holly too. It was such a wonderful fun day. Wished I could have fitted in some of that dessert. You certainly rocked in the extreme fun road trip stakes. Lol!

Michelle Ridgway said...

It was so lovely to finally meet you. Holly was so lovely too. It was a wonderful fun day. ..only sorry I was too full to have some of that desert. You certainly aced the extreme fun road trip stakes. Lol! Xoxo

Dawnie said...

Oh wow wow wow, lots of familiar and new faces. What an awesome trip for you, particularly when it was unplanned.
I a, so excited for you, would have ,oved to have been in the suitcase

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

OMG ... That was lime a short story ... Great photos looks like you has a ball xxx

Cheryl said...

What a trip Chooky - so glad you got to go

jude's page said...

Looks like you all had a great time, and sometimes it is the unplanned trips that turn out to be so special. Glad it worked out for you.

kiwikid said...

That is one long road trip Chooky, thank you for sharing your photos, everyone looks so happy to be catching up. Lovely time you had.

Janice said...

Wow! That certainly is blog meet extraordinaire. How wonderful to meet Holly, as well as the other girls. Everyone looked to have a fantastic time at the lunch as well as on the trip as up and back.

Fairy Floss Stitches said...

What a lot of fun!… sometimes unplanned things work out so much better than planned things!!.. so glad you had such a great time.. and that was a great post with lots of familiar faces. Xx

Maria said...

Great round up of your Brissie meet up. I was really disappointed when I realised I wouldn't be able to be there as we had left on the Wed.

Kris Meares - Tag Along Teddies said...

Hey Donna! WOW!! I think that was a Chooky record breaking post ... I've currupted the queen of short posts and she's crossed to the dark side of marathon posting! Tee! Hee! Hee! Had a cuppa, so all good ... and so good to get to catch up for another play date with you and Mr Chooky with the help of the Fabulous Fiona. What a fun night ... and Chicks rule at trivia! Tee! Hee! Hee! Can't wait for our next catch up - Bear Hugs! KRIS xx

Narelle said...

Amazing dream trip :)

Anita said...

Great you got to do the trip...looks like you all had so much fun!!

Elyte said...

What a great trip. The smiles say it all.