Wednesday 9 July 2014

my friends first quilt.......

My girlfriend who was here last week made here second quilt while here..........
Here's the first quilt she made 2 years ago...........this one is for her son........
I never got a photo of it so when I saw it came for a holiday too I snapped a photo.......
it's a cowboy print on the blue blocks and we just picked fabrics to coordinate with it.........
she did so well........I cut and she sewed..........
I wonder what and when she will make for her next quilt...........
Catch you later.............
Chookyblue...........

17 comments:

Susan said...

I'm sure she is very proud of it and it is obviously well loved to bring along.

Jeanette said...

A beautiful quilt that you friend made. Hugs,xx

Anita : Shabby Quilt said...

Lovely Quilt.

KERYN B said...

The two of you did a beautiful job, Chooky if your not busy I could do with some help cutting lol.......

Fiona said...

great quilt and the colous are perfect.... I love to see a well loved quilt...
Hugz

Susan said...

Great quilt, didn't even notice the cowboys until you pointed them out. Fun to get someone else hooked.

Dasha said...

She's done well for a first quilt. Great pattern for a kids or charity quilt - simple & effective.

Anonymous said...

this is lovely ,i love the colours choosen ,a lovely quilt for a male.xx

Maria said...

Fabulous first quilt you friend made. Sew nice to work together.
Was she also the friend who helped dunk sheep?

Melody said...

Lovely quilt.

gracie said...

Great quilt...

Anita said...

She did great on her first quilt!

Anita said...

She did great on her first quilt!

Show and Tell said...

Very Good for her first quilt....Must have been your great guidance x

Rebecca in AK said...

Such a great first quilt! How fun to share your love of quilting with your friend!

Michelle Ridgway said...

Well done! That pattern looks so effective too. Working on her 2nd quilt....I think we have a new recruit.

Jenny said...

Super colourful. is so great to pass on the craft. enjoy the holiday.