Saturday 16 October 2010

A day out...........

I've had a lovely day out...........took my cards to a ladies day...........the day was supposed to be in a garden but with the AWFUL FREEZING WET WEATHER we have had thankfully they were able to get an indoor venue at the last minute.
Lots of different stalls but I got to be next to Kerry - Cottage on the Hill - excellent
This is one of Kerry's new quilts "1800 stars" I think she called it.........
I just love it and it is done with reproductions prints............
She had kits - one nearly traveled home with me.........
of course then I had to get a couple of fat 1/4's
mine on the left  (just into the shop - A Journey Through Time The Old Sturbridge Village Collection) love the whole range...........
Fairy Girl picked the 1930's repro.
Fairy Girl also got to have a quick catch up with Little Miss Thimble..........
I got to see lots of the Club Quilt ladies which was great..........lots of quilts on display for the day too.......
Fairy girl took a liking to two quilts and wants to make them...........we'll see what happens there 
The one on the right is made by Gaizie.......
AND how tell me how on earth did the kids swangle this one but meet "2Up" (a bantam game chook) (and named 2up since he is a game bird and 2up is a game- get it - I didn't until explained on the way home) 
2up is one day old on the left and I hope is a HEN........
......this is Book Worms new pet - lets hope we can keep it warm enough for the next few days it is like a cold winters change and freezing.......it should be spring..........
On the right we have "Sunshine" Fairy Girls new pet......
......I had budgies for years as a kid so I am quite pleased Fairy Girl has one now too.............
the farm menagerie has expanded............LOL............
Catch you later..............
Chookyblue

15 comments:

Janaina said...

OMG! 1800 Stars is awefully beautifu;! Drolling over it! AND the fabrics you got! Lovely! =)

Nicky said...

You showed great restraint over that quilt, it's beautiful. How soon till you can tell if the chick is a hen or not? Very cute babies you took home with you.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a super day! (Except for the freezing, wet, and windy bit!) Love the name 2up. I would have needed an explanation too!! Buster Jim has been asking for a birdie... might start with some chooks....! Sunshine is cute... and that's a great name!

CREATIVE DISORGANIZATION said...

Looks like a good time....I need to get my finger on the pulse so I can get out a bit...lol..your store looked great.
Cheers Nic

Jeni said...

Love your fabrics.....& the 1800 Star quilt is beautiful
glad you had a great day

Mari said...

Love '2UP', very clever naming. Good loot you brought home, both fabrics and feathers :)

Chocolate Cat said...

Hope '2up' has survived the cold so far! He and 'sunshine' are so cute, amazing how the menagerie always seems to expand!!! Love your new fat 1/4s.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Great photos it was so nice to catch up...Peg xx

suzitee said...

Nothing like a crafty day out to inspire...LOL about the new pets though :) You must have quite a pet collection at your place!

Love Bears All Things said...

Your cards are so pretty...must have been a fun show..
I carried my quilt top to the shop to find backing and they raved about it, asking about the pattern/book..now I am all ready to sandwich it and start quilting.
Mama Bear

Ali Honey said...

We had the same weather! Did you sell many cards?

Ginger Patches said...

Looks like a fun day. I miss my little budgie...he had quite the vocabulary! Such a cute little chicky too...miss my chickens too.

Leanne said...

Looks like you had a fun day I expect the jaw got a work out being next to Kerry and meeting all those bloggers. Love the 2 additions.

Thimbleanna said...

Oooh, looks like a lovely day out indeed! I love the repro quilt -- gorgeous -- might need to put one like that on my someday list! I had a parakeet too when I was a kid -- it used to sit on my shoulder and "talk" to me when I did my homework! Have fun with the new pets!

Anonymous said...

Hi Chookyblue, enjoyed reading your post and was quite taken with 1800 stars...Warm Regards Lyn