Monday 28 January 2008

Sewing day.........

I had a visitor today...........I had plans to work on a new quilt but once we started going thru all the things I had we just kept pulling things out and after a couple of "this is the border for this and that is the border for that" my day changed..........here is a quilt - I got the plain and nine patch blocks from ebay (not sure how many years ago)........someone had given up on them......

after 2 borders were sewn on it is now a finsihed top.........so my good friend took it home with her and she will quilt it...........now what did Blueberry Lane do while she was at my place..........well she cut the borders while I sewed them on (yes I know with that absolutely awful tiny rotary cutter - sorry)........she can come back anytime

oh and I forgot..........I got a goodies bag from Blueberry lots of bits and pieces in it..........thanks so much and thanks for coming out for a very enjoyable day...........hope we can do this again real soon...........even if you flogged me along to get some projects done..............I needed it!!!

The boys had a good time in the pool and both got our cameras and took lots of pics of nothing much and foul ones of us...........it's okay i am not going to post them..........but "bookworm" did take a pic of this long stitch that I did quite a few years ago...........

And I have found another new blogger - this was a girl in the SSCS and she only had webshots (bit hard to navigate for me) but now she has a blog so head along and welcome Lynda........it was quite by accident I found her blog and then it only when she replied to my comment I found out it was the same person.............welcome Lynda..........
til next post - I have so much to report I don't know what to do next.........I have a bit over a week remaining to enjoy the school holidays..........yippee no bus run yet.........

6 comments:

May Kristin said...

How wonderful to have a visitor like that! I guess you had a lot of fun when you were working together!
Take care!

dutchcomfort said...

You had a wonderful day and the quilttop is looking great!

jodie said...

it is coming together well, who is this one for?
Jodie

Anonymous said...

You had a more productive day then I did. It all looks great.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

What a great day, love your long stitch.

Kim said...

Your quilt is looking good hanging out over there at Blueberry Lane!