Sunday 18 November 2007

Helping and being helped in blogland.........

No doubt about it blogland is great.............I am totally addicted to it..............people are just so kind..........and the last few days I have had a chance to "really" talk to 2 bloggers...........so exciting.....

I helped Tracey with a blog problem and that phone call took about an hour and we could have chatted for longer............did you see, check this, OMG did you love those pics etc ..........on and on it went.........it was so fun and yes we did get her little problem sorted out and that took and about 10 minutes you can imagine the rest.......chatter, chatter, chatter....lol...........

Finished this bag today...............

Then today I need a little help from someone to do a swap with.............who else to ask but one of the most prolific sewers in blogland.........(he shows a little on her blog but different parcels show up all over the world).........and so appropriate Linda the Aussie living in US receiving a present from an Aussie for Christmas..........it is a direct swap so they know who is sending and receiving.........but then she says.............what is your phone number................hey I live in OZ and you the US but no a few mintues later the phone rings and Linda is on the other end............ (no international calls made to this house I have no friends/family overseas) I was so excited and then she says "oh you are a silly chook"...........who me a "chook"..........lol........it was so much fun to have a real conversation and no we didn't talk for an hour...........but we fitted lots in........

*******************

Oh and I better tell you who Linda is having a 2nd swap with and it is direct so they both know who is making for them..............welcome Carey.........who has now joined the swap.............she offered to fill in a spot if someone pulled out and no one has and she was keen to get a deadline for some sewing to get back into the swing of it........she has 10 days to make something........nothing like a deadline.........

..............No matter what your problems are someone can always help you just have to ask.........

Like last night when I had to do a urgent phone call to Jodie while trying to work out paper piecing...........

------------take care--------------

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay you've got to stop this!!!! I'm getting nothing done and I tend to just read, imagine if I stopped to chat. LOL Definitely addictive.

Thanks for my great links

Anonymous said...

Should have previewed - that should have said more great links.

Anonymous said...

Gee, next there will be overseas holidays to visit everyone.
Yell out and I'll go with you, Your shout. LOL !!!

Annie said...

You're right about friendly and helpful. You have been very generous with your skills. I love blogging!!

Anonymous said...

I'm constantly amazed by the friendliness and generosity of the blogland community. Lucky you getting to talk to some of your online friends in person!

Leanne said...

Blogland certainly is an amazing place - those who don't blog just don't get it.

Unknown said...

That was such fun Donna. Dh doesn't even bat an eye now when I tell hin it's someone back home, think, he thinks it's family...ssssh...lol

Ok question for you, how do you get a set of 4 photo's to show up as one, like as in a photo collage?

Monika said...

Hello
You have a nice blogg
Hugs from monika in norway

The Naturalist's Daughter said...

Love the bag, I really like the strips. Blogland is fantastic for help and wonderful people. We are all so lucky.

Unknown said...

Oh yes blogland is so full of helpful quilters. It is so true that you just have to mention your problem and then there is someone who solves it right away.