Sunday 9 September 2007

visitors and sewing...............

Okay so we are sewing away now but the trip up was a little eventful for Tutti Fruiti and you can check it out here...............everyone was fine thankfully and it was only about 25km from my house so I was the first person to come along...........hours later we got home and started to organise things............
Belinda has never driven up to me on her own before and now she may never try again............big bummer there...............
..............I have made some progress on the wedding quilt I have to make ASAP (like yesterday)..........still lots of sewing to go............played around with the block pattern yesterday morning and started to calculate everything out and I juts have enough of some materials and lots of the others................I have the first round on the blocks and they are looking good.............probably won't be able to show you any more just in case someone peeks who shouldn't be peeking..............(sorry about the picture but it was very early when I took it)..............
.......now today will be some more sewing, a garden visit to help someone plan out a new garden and then more sewing.........hopefully I will have all the blocks made by tonight................
.............also lots of chatting etc going on also...........the kids are having heaps of fun checking the cows that are calving, the chooks, the dogs, and mainly the motorbikes.......................and the yabby traps are in again................ bye for now.................

10 comments:

Abby said...

wow... have an awesome day...
luv Abby

Anonymous said...

I saw the car!! Glad no-one was hrt and you were there to rescue her!!! Hope you have a wonderful crafty time and get lots of work completed!!

May Britt said...

What a start on their visit to you. But luckily they were all fine.

Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear Belinda had an accident on the way up. She will need to just try try again.
Looks and sounds like you got lots of sewing done. Hope it's been a great weekend.

Annie said...

Sorry to hear the bad news - I know how excited you were about the visitors. Lucky no one was hurt, and cars can be fixed or replaced unlike people

mereth said...

What a pity about the accident, not a good start to the solo driving trip. Hope it doesn't put her off completely. I'm glad you had some time sewing together, that's the best therapy for shaken nerves. Friends and stitching, can't beat it.

~Bren~ said...

Glad no one was hurt...
Your sewing and chatting time sounds wonderful!

Wendy said...

Oh my...that too bad about the car, glad no one was hurt.
The wedding quilt is looking so sweet with the pinks that I can see. I hope you can show just one block....

Bianca said...

What a sad start to the weekend, thankfully they're ok now. Hope you had a great weekend...Your place sounds great...cows, chooks, lots of space...too bad I can't convince my partner to move to the country. Take care.

Anonymous said...

those are great little blocks you are working on.