Thursday 5 July 2007

Site seeing in Sydney

We had a wonderful time in Sydney...catching up with friends each night and doing some site seeeing.....the kids loved it....ent on the monorail, tram, ferries and they were in heaven.......we have no public transport where we live.........I could bore you with more picks but these 4 are my picks of the trip...........
Circular Quay where all the ferries come into for the city........
Do I need to say this is the Opera House..........
.......and of course the Opera House's partner in crime.........the Harbour Bridge.........truely Australian landmarks..............I still think they are amazing every time I see them...........Lastly on the way to Sydney we stopped in at Newcastle to see this bulk coal carrier stuck on the beach at Nobby's Head........it is now gone but ended up being stuck on the beach for about 24 days I think.......was pushed in in a bad storm...........it attracted sooooo many visitors to Newcastle while it was stuck there.......took several goes at pulling is off the reef/beach and out to sea......
This weekend in Sydney (for you US people) the US Kitty Hawke is docking till next Thursday and will cause major traffic blocks as many people go to see this air craft carrier.........
....now the camera has returned with 200 pic taken by a 8yo on a road trip so mainly trucks as they passed the vehicle....yippee...........I won't bore you with them........I will take some pics of my shopping from the craft fair........



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your Sydney pics are so clear and great bright colours.
I've been exactly where you went.
(Funny That)LOL

Unknown said...

You can´t bore me with pictures of your country, thanks for sharing.

Tanya said...

It looks like you had a great trip. The weather looks beautiful!